Pages

2.10.2012

I've Been Knitting...♥

Picked up some knitting needles and I just can't seem to put them down...♥


 
My current project: The Jenny Wrap (pattern can be found on Ravelry)



 
 
My first scarf  ♥


You know what I'll be doing everyday for the next long while...

I was introduced to a website called Ravelry by some lovely ladies at my local knitting shop Three Bags Full. Ravelry is an amazing online community of knitters and crocheters who share (many free) projects, knitting and crocheting suggestions, yarn information and ratings and much more - it's really amazing and absolutely free to sign up! I've found it very helpful and informative on my knitting journey so far (and of course the amazing ladies at Three Bags Full and tons and tons of online tutorials - thank goodness for the internet). 

I originally intended to take a "beginner's basics" one day knitting class, but the pricetag drove me away ($90 and up yikes)! After countless videos, trials (and errors) I finally got the hang of it. I'm happy I was able to save myself some money (which was well spent on gorgeous yarn), but boy did I wish I had someone to show me from the beginning, because it's so much much easier than how books and (some) videos portray knitting to be!

Do any of you know how to knit?

xo
Lori

8 comments:

  1. Love it!!!Thanks for the comment and for following!!! Of course I follow back!!! xoxo

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I've been knitting circle scarves as of December (I made my bf one) and it's so easy to get hooked on it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the basics of knitting and crocheting but would love to learn more :)

    I love the colors you chose :)

    Thank you so much for your nice comment, and for follow. I´m following you back now ;)

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico em casa"



    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! This looks so amazing! Keep it up! And thank you so very much for stopping by & commenting~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitting is an endless and beautiful journey. I'm so glad many of you know how to knit or are interested in picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, my best friend always promises me she's going to be the best at this and will make me many scarf for the blog but truth is she doesn't have a clue haha :)) I love anyways, though! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom has tried several times to teach me how to knit but I just can't get the hang of it. Your scarf looks great! So much talent.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...