Pages

2.16.2012

Favorite Blushes ♥

Can't have a blog with the word blush in it without a post about...well blush! If I could only have one type of makeup for the rest of my life it would have to be blush. I love blush - especially soft glitter and sparkle and pinks. I try not to go over the top with application (nobody's said anything yet), but sometimes it's hard when you love a specific color so much!

Here are my favorite blushes as of right now



 
The MAC Ombre blush is my most recent favorite. I did a post earlier regarding how much I love this blush. I've never had a cooler or purply blush before and wasn't sure if I'd love it on my skin tone, but I do! The mix of pink and purple create a gorgeous look.

The MAC Mineralize blush was one of my first blushes. I was into something more pink, pigmented and glittery and this one became one of my favorites. I still love using it now and then today when I want a more pink look.
I alternate between these two when I want color or something a little different.





Nars in Deep Throat is one of my staple blushes. I love love love it. It's very natural and I love the sheen and very slight shimmer it produces. It's very light and fresh. I was an Orgasm lover until I tried Deep Throat. I also have Super Orgasm, which I find a bit too gold and glittery for my liking, but it's still a beautiful color - great for the night out.

My boyfriend bought me this Chanel blush for Christmas. It creates a very natural and sheer look - a very pretty flush for those with fairer skin. I find it has a slight tint of brown to it, which helps to create that natural look. I would love this blush in Fuschia.

The Aveda Petal Essence cheek tint was my first non-powder blush. This is probably my favorite blush out of all the blushes I have. It was a bit tricky to use at first, but after a bit of experimentation I found that it was easier to use than powder and so much more natural. Phlox gives the perfect dewy pink - everytime I apply it my face looks so bright and fresh. I always have this blush in my purse (it's super easy to apply with my fingers). Sadly, Aveda discontinued this blush :(


Purchasing blushes can be so addicting. My blush collection seems to grow a bit more every time I organize my makeup. Any blushes you lovelies would recommend?

xo
Lori

8 comments:

  1. great post love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blushes are my favourite item of makeup too!

    My absolute favourites are MAC Dollymix and NARS Sin. Rock & Republic blushes are great too though they are hard to find.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of blushes. They have beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac Ombre is one of my fav's too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so lovely!
    I really want to try a NARS blush!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Nars Deep Throat color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL this post just made me want to go buy some blush! I have Deep Throat too -- it's definitely a very lovely color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. deep throat is one of my favorites too!! i would recommend benefit's coralista, my favorite blush ever!

    xoxo,

    janet

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...